Frequently Asked Questions - Chemistry Guru
Q. What is Chemistry Guru Academy?
A. Chemistry Guru Academy is a learning centre set up to provide JC / IP Chemistry Tuition.
We are registered with MOE (Certificate of Registration of School No. 4300).
Currently only A Level H2 Chemistry classes are available.
Q. Are you the person conducting the classes or do you engage other tutors to do that?
A. Please be rest assured that I conduct all my classes personally.
I do not engage other tutors as it will compromise on teaching quality.
Q. Do you teach other subjects or offer 1 to 1 lessons at the student's place?
A. I only specialise in H2 Chemistry Classes at my centre.
Hence I do not offer other subjects or one-to-one private tuition due to my packed schedule.
Q. What are your qualifications?
A. Here are my credentials:
- Public Service Commission Scholarship (Teaching) Awardee, 2001
- NUS Dean's List for 3 consecutive years, 2002 to 2004
- Bachelor of Science, Second Class Honours (Upper) in Chemistry, NUS, 2005
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education, NIE, 2006
- Years of teaching and lecturing experience in a top value-added Junior College
- Founder and Principal Tutor of Chemistry Guru since 2010 with hundreds of students under his tutelage
Please see proof of my teaching experience and qualifications here.
Q. How well do your students perform after attending Chemistry Guru classes?
A. My students perform much better (70% to 80% Distinction) as compared to the National Average (30% to 40% Distinction).
The earlier the students join my classes, the more confident I am in improving their grades.
Please see results and testimonials of my past batches of students since 2010.
Q. What is your class size?
A. Usually the weekend classes are more popular and hence larger.
On average, a weekday class is around 4 to 6 students while a weekend class is around 10 to 12 students.
Q. If I miss a lesson, is there a makeup? Would there be a refund of fees if I cannot make it for the makeup lesson?
A. Students have to arrange for makeup lesson with me, subjected to availability, in the same week.
No refund of fees is allowed if students are unable to attend makeup, but fees in the following month will be prorated.
Q. Where are the classes located?
A. All classes are located at my centre at Bishan Central, walking distance from Bishan MRT.
Address is Blk 112 Bishan Street 12 #01-20 S570112 (click to view on GoogleMap).
Q. What are your charges?
A. Fees for JC Classes are $400 for a four-week month and $500 for a five-week month.
The fees will be collected at the first lesson of each month.
Please note that refund of fees is strictly not allowed.
No additional administrative or material fees is required.
Q. How do I sign up for your trial lesson, and how much do I have to pay for it?
A. You can Whatsapp or SMS me to sign up for the class you are interested in.
The fees payable for the trial lesson are $100.
Q. What are your payment modes?
A. Payment can be made by the following modes:
1. PayNow via UEN: 5314 8951E or following QR Code. Under "Reference" please key in student's full name for verification purposes.
2. Cheque made payable to CHEMISTRY GURU ACADEMY. At back of cheque please write down student's full name for verification purposes.
Q. How is a typical lesson like?
A. In a lesson I will:
- go through important chemistry concepts,
- summarise the main points of each topic,
- let students practise questions,
- teach the students how to cultivate good studying habits,
- give insights on how exam questions are set and how examiners mark questions, and
- share how to keep answers accurate and concise.
Short notes, summaries, and practice questions will be given to students.
Q. Do you follow a lesson schedule according to a specific JC?
A. My students are from various JCs hence the schedule would not follow any college in particular.
The sequence of topics that I am covering is based on my experience and would prepare students well for their exams.
Students should adopt the following mentality when attending classes:
- if the topic is already taught in your school, then treat it as a revision
- if the topic is not yet taught, then treat it as an opportunity to learn it first.
Either way, you have additional practice on the topic and it will do you good.
Ultimately all students will be taking the same A Levels so all topics covered will be relevant and useful.
Take a look at the results and testimonials and discover why hundreds of students have attended A Level Chemistry Tuition with us.
Save on precious travelling time! Online Tuition lessons are now available at a fraction of the cost of conventional class tuition. Find out more info here.
Witness how Chemistry Guru can make Chemistry simpler for you.
Sign up for a trial lesson today!